I successfully changed my bikes tyres last night!
It wasn't too hard, however:

I bought the wrong inner tubes - My bikes wheels are deepish rims. The valves on the tubes I bought are too short. I used the old tubes.

I got oil on my handlebar tape πŸ™

I sheared a bolt attaching the pannier rack. I was trying to get the rack off to make putting the rear wheel back in easier. Rust is a bother πŸ™„

The rear gears now need re-indexing. Pulling the rear derailleur about ruined it.

Later this week:

* Change the disk brake pads ( if they need changing ).
* Re-index gears.
* Try to get that pannier rack bolt out somehow and replace it. Probably requires a Dremel.

Sign in to participate in the conversation
Mastodon is one server in the network